Friday, August 19, 2011

White Coat Ceremony

Last week Tanner had his white coat ceremony. Med students get shorter white coats and then when you finish and become a doctor, you get one of the long white coats. There are 202 students in Tanner's class, it was so neat to watch. I am just so proud of Tanner, I can't describe how I felt watching him, so happy/excited/nervous for him! I just love this man. Above is the two of us after it was over. The pictures loaded in a weird order, like always.
They did it in groups of 8.


So proud of his daddy!

Getting the coat put on..


He looks so professional, doesn't he? The speaker was great and talked about keeping your humanity and empathy, don't let cynicism get you down about the medical field. It was really inspiring, especially to me since I work with doctors. He talked about building relationships with patients and overcoming the previous ideas that doctors know everything. He was great and I knew as we sat there that this is the perfect school for Tanner and I'm so glad we're here. What a great way to start the next four years!

2 comments:

Mike Fullmer said...

I am a proud Papa!! Thanks for posting....

Beej & Chris said...

Yay! Congratulations Tanner!