Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy half birthday Eric!

Our little man is 6 months old today, I can't believe it! He is such a good boy and we love him so much, we can't imagine our lives without him. Here he is at his 6 month appt, which he had today. He is



18 lb 5 oz-75%



27 in-75%



He's come a long way since his wee 6 1/2 pounds! He was so cute, smiling at the doctor and trying to get him to look at him. He was so brave when he got his shots, he was really upset at first but calmed down after just a few minutes and was so good, poor guy. Our pediatrician is amazing! After only one visit I love this doctor, it was so great having a good experience after our last one wasn't so great.




Eric has learned to sit up! He can't stay up very long yet, but he does pretty well and when he gets tired he tries to keep sitting but just slowly leans farther and farther forward until his poor face is almost to the ground.
Some of the other things Eric likes or does:

Eric loves the swings. We just discovered this, he thinks they are the shizniz.

He loves to talk in his sweet, high little voice and lately he likes to stare at me and wait for me to respond before he talks again.

He still loves his Sheboygan and goes nuts laughing over it. Who knew a bright orange giraffe could bring someone so much joy?

He can roll back to front now as well, though only one direction.

He fake laughs.

He LOVES his daddy. Tanner just has to look at him and he gets the biggest grin on his face.

I don't know that he understands it really, but when we read a book, I put his hand under the page and he grabs it and turns the pages.

He HATES green beans. When we kept trying for another bite, he suddenly just burst into tears. I don't think they're all that great either.

Kicking. If Eric is upset, excited, tired, happy, whatever, he kicks those little feet.

He has officially figured out that EVERYTHING is supposed to go in his mouth. I think everything he sees he sizes up how difficult it would be to get it and chew on it.

He sleeps with his blanket over his head. I have tried to stop this, but no matter how I tuck or pull the blanket off, I come back in and it is in a pile on his face. I don't know why, but he loves it. When he is tired, I can tell because he grabs his blankie and pulls it in his face.

He loves popsicles. So much that when they are gone he cries for a good 10 minutes. After just 2 tries, we learned that he doesn't really need to eat popsicles all that often.




Lastly, this is Eric's new cousin Michael. He was born last week and is such a cutie! We only wish we could see him in person.
Happy birthday Eric, we love you!

1 comment:

Alyson Fullmer said...

I love him. He's so cute. I miss him so much. Give him a big kiss for me!