Sunday, August 28, 2011

Quiet moments..

I am sitting here in my living room, listening to the clock ticking and thinking about how messy our apartment is and what I want to get done tomorrow. But as I sit here, I can't resist the urge to go in and peek in on Eric sleeping. I don't know what it is about a sleeping baby, but there really isn't anything more precious. I feel like I could just sit and watch him for hours. I wonder what he is dreaming about, cuddles, endless streams of milk, playing, or his newest discovery, sink faucets?

I leave the room and sit down and can't help but feel overwhelmed with gratitude and love. I hear Tanner in the other room studying his smartypants little heart out and am reminded as well how much I love him. I think, "what would my life be without them?" I am so blessed. The Spirit fills my heart and I ponder further; I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. The knowledge of His plan is what has brought this great joy into my life. I can't imagine going through life without the gospel.

Every time I look into these beautiful blue eyes and giggle with him about his cheerio covered face, I feel pure happiness. I know even more in my heart that our Heavenly Father loves us and that because of the blessings of the temple we will be together forever--this brings a peace to my soul that I can't describe. I am beginning to realize why the scriptures tell us to love others and serve them to draw nearer to the Savior, because serving my family has been the most rewarding and sacred experience of my life. The most special moments I remember were always when I was loving and serving someone else. I feel a renewed sense of faith and motivation to follow His will and always remember Him.


Thankful doesn't seem a strong enough word to describe how I feel, but it is how I feel as I sit and ponder and my soul is filled with peace.


1 comment:

Ash said...

oh lady. thanks for making me cry! :) but really, lovely post. lovely thoughts. I agree whole-heartedly.