Monday, March 30, 2009

Wonderful News!

So I have spoken with the CEO of IHC's urban central region about employees being allowed to take the sacrament. He explained to me both sides of the issue and was very understanding. I can definitely see some of his points about why taking the sacrament on the floor could be a problem for non-LDS as well as LDS employees. It can be very uncomfortable for a non-LDS person or someone who is unable to take the sacrament if other employees are asking them. LDS employees at all facilities will now be allowed to take the sacrament on another floor (the room isn't decided yet) between the hours of 6:30 and 1:00. Elders will be in the specified room this entire time so that employees can take a quick break when it is not busy. Also it is provided early so day employees can take it before their shift or after they get off. The LDS branch will be the ones to announce this and just by word of mouth; not IHC, so work will not be sending out an email. I'm so grateful to IHC for taking such good care of its employees and listening to everyone's concerns. I'm grateful that I heard the other reasons behind the decision to stop giving sacrament on the floor and I think that this is the perfect solution for both sides!

I have been praying so hard this past week that I was doing the right thing that be sensitive to both sides of the issue and be professional and say the right things. I'm so thankful for the CEO helping to find a solution that works for everyone and I'm so grateful that I'll be able to continue to take the sacrament at work, it is such a wonderful blessing and I'm so happy that it all worked out!

4 comments:

The Lindquists said...

I'm so glad that things worked out! Congratulations!

Brooke and Brighton said...

I am glad that they found a solution for both sides! We see how it helps a lot of employees at Primary's and it made me think of your situation this week. I am glad IHC is good to their employees.

Steph said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad!

Amy Beagley said...

What about for the patients??? Did they find a solution for that?