Saturday, March 21, 2009

Grandpa


Tom Manuel 1922 ~ 2009 Passed peacefully at home on February 24, 2009 after a long and difficult illness.Born March 13, 1922 in Havre, MT to David and Cora Leeds Manuel. He was the oldest of 11 children. He served four years in the Air Force during World War II. He graduated from Colorado School of Mines in Petroleum Engineering. He married the love of his life, Lenora Jayne Snyder, September 12, 1953. They were blessed with three children, Liesa Jayne, Thomas William and Mary Susan, whom he loved dearly. He worked many years for Christensen Diamond Products. His job had him travel the world extensively, with his wife Jayne and children. Tom spent most of his married life in Australia. He considered it his true home, and happiest memories with his wife and children. He was also blessed with three beautiful grandchildren, Christina Fullmer, Andrew and Dillon Embreus. They gave him great joy. His beloved Jayne died March 12, 1985. He married again in 1993. We love and miss you terribly, but know you are at peace now with your sweet Jaynie. Survived by wife Marva, his three children, three grandchildren, brothers Alfred, Charles, Donald and sister Della Gotlieb. Viewing will be held 10:00 a.m. and funeral service 11:00 a.m. February 27th at Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary 4760 S. State, Murray, UT. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the
American Cancer Society.

My grandpa passed away last month, and I've been wanting to write some of my favorite memories of my grandpa so I won't forget:
-He has a library down in his basement, and he would always let me and my brothers pick out a book every time we came to visit. I think that is one of the biggest reasons I love reading as much as I do is because of that.
-He loved taking us somewhere to play and just watched us with that smile on his face.
-The way he always called me Sue (my mom's name) and then told me "it's just because you look like your mother."
-The way he loved for us kids to give him a kiss on the cheek.
-He always would say "hey pretty girl" when he saw me, even the last time I saw him.
-The way he smiled at me and held my hand when he woke up and saw me the last time I visited him.
-How much he loved his family, even though he was so quiet, we all knew.

It has been a sad but good experience for our family and I'm so grateful because it has brought me closer to my mom. Another thing was I got to meet my great aunt Marge, my grandma's sister and learn more about my grandma (that's her picture), which actually made me feel closer to my grandpa. I'm so thankful for the plan of salvation and that I know he's with her again and that I'll get to see him again.

No comments: