Sunday, March 8, 2009

OB Clinicals

So this week and the last I've had OB clinicals-also known as labor and delivery. It was awesome! I don't ever want to be an OB nurse for various reasons, but watching births and c-sections was so cool! Those poor little heads after they come out from a regular birth are just hilarious, I'm sorry but brand new newborns look like aliens covered in cream cheese, but they're still adorable. Only babies could pull that off. I loved watching the daddies face as they saw their new baby for the first time, a couple of them cried and I got a little misty eyed myself I must admit. It's also got me reconsidering waiting to have kids, but not really, just wanting to. And it doesn't help that Tanner is so cute talking about it all the time. It was a lot of fun though and Thursday I was in the nursery just holding babies all day, loved it!! It also made me realize that I am taking a shower before I come to the hospital cause birth isn't exactly the best-smelling event and I would like to minimize that (especially ever since Tanner told me all the moms he has to draw blood on at the hospital right after they're had their babies smell like butt, I've already told him he better never say that after I just had a baby). There is also a lot more gushing/stretching-in-ways-I-never-thought-possible than I ever realized. It really is a miracle though and was such a fun experience!

2 comments:

Brent and Jessica said...

I loved my OB clinicals too! Like you said holding babies and watching births is one of the most amazing things ever!

Nickessa said...

That is so fun that you got to watch babies be born! It's definately a totally different experience being the mom pushing out the baby and its hard work! So once you do have a baby you better tell me if Tanner says that you smell like butt! I will personally come and kick HIS butt! Hehe. I can't wait for you and Tanner to have a baby. You will make awesome parents.