Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holiday Weight Gain

Ah, the holidays....fun, family, and treats, treats, treats. We've gotten so many, plus the candy from stockings, Tanner has suggested we start just walking around with little bags of it and give it to anyone who will take it. I tell him, no, we don't need to give all of it away, we can control ourselves and then if I have a chocolate craving later, I can have a few pieces. But then, 23 Hershey's kisses, 4 Reese's Christmas trees, and a few peppermint patties later: he's right, I give up.

I have no will power against their chocolatey goodness and because of that, my arteries and my tighter fitting clothes are suffering the dire consequences. Oh school, I dread and welcome you at the same time, at least I won't be able to get bored around the house and eat. Thankfully this semester my clinicals are at night, so I have time to work out Thursday and Friday mornings, and please pray for me to have the drive to go. Christie, I'm counting on you to help me get my booty (which is possible growing this very moment) to the gym. Next year I'm going to ask Santa to put Slim Fast in my stocking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i feel your pain girl! weight watchers is starting tomorrow!!

Amanda said...

I found your blog a few weeks ago and have been reading it here and there. I just want to say that you are hilarious! Hope you guys had a good Christmas!