Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spiritually Uplifted

I was reading my friend Cindy's blog and she had posted this quote saying it was just what she needed. I felt the exact same way, so I'm copying it to mine as well to share, thanks Cindy! It made me feel so grateful for what I have and inspired me to be better and to remember the Lord offers us happiness and we'll find it in Him when things are tough.

"Perform your duties in spite of difficulties. Do not falter; continue to do your duty, whatever it may be, whether pleasing or displeasing; be the servants and handmaidens of God to the very utmost. In the past His blessings have been upon us just so far as we have served Him in faithfulness; they will be so in the future. There is no occasion for any man who has the manifestation of the Lord in this line to be discouraged. When our surroundings are not so agreeable as might be wished, think how much worse they might be. Be contented with our conditions. Improve them when opportunity arises, but do not worry about them." --President Lorenzo Snow

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad it helped you, too. That's the best part about the gospel--there's something for everyone!