Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sunday Sweetness

Church yesterday was wonderful. And I only got to go to sacrament. I prayed when I woke up that the Lord would help me overcome my shortcomings. I have been having the hardest time getting in my scripture study lately and I don't know why. Then I went to church, and the talks were all about the scriptures. The last one especially touched me, it was about the Book of Mormon. How it can shape our lives and help us become our best.
Then our home teachers came and asked us about an experience where the Lord revealed something to us. And I told about my conversion and all of those feelings came back to me, the Spirit was telling me it was true. The Book of Mormon has changed my life. I love it and am a better person because of it. Then I realized that all these feelings I'd been having all day and feeling the Spirit so strongly were the answer to my prayer. The Lord gave me a witness because I asked. Anytime we sincerely go to the Lord, He is there. He will always listen, it's just that sometimes I don't do the asking. I'm so grateful that the Lord is mindful of each and every one of us. I love the gospel and I love my Savior, I'm so thankful for his love for me.

2 comments:

Brent and Jessica said...

I loved that talk too! It was by far one of the best talks that I have ever heard. Hope all is going well for you and Tanner. Let us know if you need anything!

Rachel Lacy said...

I felt the same way! Thanks for sharing!! And PS I LOVE your new couch! I am so jealous! I would love to have a couch big enough for visitors to sit on! Ha ha someday!