Wednesday, September 23, 2009

TV Fast


The week before school started this semester, Tanner decided he wasn't being productive enough, and the tv was mostly to blame. So, I arrived home to find the tv gone and shoved in our bedroom closet. On our family board was a calendar for a three week tv fast. It went pretty well, we did get it out to watch two movies, but it's amazing how much more time you have. And I really don't miss all the crappy tv I used to watch just because it was on. I know there are good shows out there, but the world still goes on if I don't watch them (except I did cave and watch The Office premier on Hulu, I love that show!). It worked out so well, the tv is still in our closet. I love having so much more time and the extra time with Tanner. Huzzah for tv free life!*

*This post is not meant to bash on tv watchers, I am one myself, just journaling about our own experience without it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eric and I haven't had our TV set up at all since we got married. It's a tiny little TV anyways, so it's not that great to watch shows on, but the nice thing is that if we decide we like a show so much that we need to watch it, then we'll make the time to sit down and watch it on Hulu. We spend a lot less time vegging than we would otherwise, I think. It's just right for the school phase of life.