Monday, September 7, 2009

Cheap Cleaning


A few months ago, our ward had a lesson on money saving tips. One of them was to save money on cleaning supplies by using cleaning 'recipes' instead. Needless to say, I was definitely skeptical that they would really leave our house clean. But as our cleaning supplies were running low, I decided, what the heck, I'll try it. I have to say: it works! The main one I really use is vinegar and baking soda diluted in water, I've been using it for months now and haven't had to buy any counter or floor cleaners. They're my favorite in the kitchen because they actually clean old food off the floors and counters better than the clorox stuff I used to use. They don't leave me coughing and gagging if I accidentally inhale near it, and it really doesn't make the house smell like vinegar either. If it does, it's very faint, and fades away fast. And best of all, they're so cheap!! Probably not so exciting for most people, but we're poor so I found this exciting and thought I'd share the wealth!

2 comments:

Ryan G said...

How much do you save compared to the same amount of Clorox or some other cleaner?

Charity said...

oh great idea I may try that next time I run low.