Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Optimum" Bowel Function


So, yesterday I did the shopping and at Costco I've been seeing this organic cereal that I've been wanting to try. It's called "Optimum" and it's blueberry cinnamon flavored, mmm. It's got bran, flax seed, low carbs, and 1/3 of your daily fiber, good stuff, right? Finally I gave in and bought it. I came home and had a bowl for lunch. That's all I had for lunch. Hours later, I went to the Womens Conference (which by the way, was amazing! As horrible as it is to admit, I didn't go expecting it to be amazing, but it was! I left feeling so good and so motivated!) with my mom at my old home ward. Right as it's ending, I'm feeling rather..bloated. So I'm glad it's over. But as I'm leaving, people that I haven't seen in forever start coming up to me. It hit me so fast, I really don't know what happened. But I wanted to talk to them and kept telling myself it would be okay. As I'm walking with an old young women's leader, one just rips out of me, uncontrollably. I just talked louder, praying she didn't hear. I wait... she didn't notice, woo hoo! Disaster averted. Then we stop and turn around, and her husband is right behind us!! You have no idea how hard it was to fight the urge to laugh as he looked at me uncomfortably. I left soon after and let's just say I hit the lou asap. I'm pretty sure 1/3 of your daily fiber is enough to be 2 days worth of fiber.

For those of you grossed out by bodily function stuff, I'm sorry if this was too personal. Working in healthcare makes you pretty open about it and makes you think it's funny.

2 comments:

Nickessa said...

All right, so you can know that I am NOT offended by this kinda talk, lol. Im laughing hysterically right now thinking about that whole situation. :D

Brent and Jessica said...

I love it! Hahaha! I was laughing so hard and think I will be for a while! Thanks for the great story!