Monday, February 9, 2009

Brain Fart

Lately, I've been so busy, I haven't been blogging much, and when I do sit down to do it...nothing...not a thing comes to mind and I just blank. So as I have nothing too exciting going on, I've decided to post one of my biggest goals as of late, so ya'll will have to hound me about it. It is: to put things away! I had an epiphany this week, that my life would be so much easier if I did this. You all may laugh, but I was so happy to find this simple yet amazing discovery. I was never one to have the urge to keep things clean. I love it when they are, but I'm okay with it if they're not. And usually most couples have one person that is a cleaner. Not us. We could go for weeks without cleaning if it weren't so dang stinky. Can you form a habit to become a clean person? Or is it something you have to have been doing your whole life? Do you need to have parents that are neat freaks?? I just can't solve the mystery of how I can get hold of this awesome power. If any of you know the secret, please, please, please!! Enlighten me. If there is such a thing as Dirty Apartments Anonymous (DAA), I need to join the group. I hate spending four hours to deep clean this little apartment and then have it smelling like dirty dishes and garbage the rest of the time. We want to have children eventually, but I don't think I could let them live here. So, tomorrow I am going to have one last four hour rendezvous with my home's nastiness..and say goodbye forever! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

The Lindquists said...

Good Luck! I don't like cleaning either. Lucky for me Mikah used to be a janitor and his Mom was crazy about cleaning so he cleans the shower and tub (I hate cleaning it) and helps me out around the house.

Amy Beagley said...

Well my husband is a obsessive compulsive cleaner so our place is ALWAYS clean.
I remember one time when we were dating, he walked into my room and I had clothes everywhere. He immediately began cleaning everything up and said that I better not be like that when we got married.
And then, me trying to be a good wife, I started picking up on his habits. Use a dish, wash a dish, make a mess, clean the mess, dirty clothes in the hamper, clean clothes on the hanger. If you teach yourself to clean as you go, you'll never have a mess. (Unless Tanner makes one! :-D) I've been pretty successful at it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm kind of a cleaning freak...so I don't exactly empathize! But, I'm definitely all about the cleaning as you go. It only takes an extra minute or two to keep things in order, as opposed to the 4-hour clean-up if you don't.

Nickessa said...

I've been a clean freak as long as I can remember. You probably know that-you've seen my house. Amy has it right...clean as you go. It's so much easier!

Lindsey said...

I think I am just like you. So is Alyson and Taylor. We fullmer girls...geez. Let me know how you do. I'm actually working on the same thing.