Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thankful to be alive

So I had clinical on Friday out at the little airport by Salt Lake International, a bit of a drive from our place. I hop in my car and I'm on my way and I just kept having a bad feeling about driving and that I should pull over and check the tires. You see, our front left tire has a slow leak, so every 2-3 weeks, we just give it a little boost, we all can use one once in a while. Anyway, I was almost to the freeway entrance and the feeling was overwhelming, so I pulled over into a church parking lot. I got out and looked at that dang tire--it was fine! So I was about to hop back in the car and had another feeling the check the tires (I think Heavenly Father knows me pretty well and that I can be quite blonde, he said check the tires, not tire). I go to the other side of the car and my back tire was completely flat!!!! It wasn't popped, I was able to reinflate it and I waited and it was safe, but I just thought how bad it would have been if the Spirit hadn't of told me to pull over. I'm so thankful for how much the Lord cares about us! Who knows, maybe it would have blown out and I would have just pulled over and been fine, but I'm happy not knowing.

1 comment:

Nickessa said...

We have a very loving Father in Heaven don't we? I'm so glad you listened to that still small voice. Sadly, I have stories of where I did not listen and I ended up in a car accident because of it. It's so good to be in-tune! I'm happy you are ok!