Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pillow talk

[I'm coming back from the bathroom in the middle of the night]

"Mary?"

"What?!"

"Mary? Are you Mary?"

"Huh??"

"Are you my mom?" (Tanner's mom is named Mary)

"No, I'm not your mom! Who do you think I am?"

"I know who you are."

"Don't you think your mom would be at home in her own bed, with your dad?"

"Ok, I'm just saying, it is possible you could be a mom."
______________________________

[Coming back in bed a different night]

T: Are you ok??

N: Yeah, I'm fine.

T: People these days, ya know? Sometimes I wish we could just sort them out like bad luggage.
______________________________
T: Looks pretty good, eh?

N: What does?

T: Oh, the corporate, um, filing statue.

N: (laughing) Ok, what is a filing statue?

T: I don't know! It's a filing statue!!

(When he starts to get frustrated by my asking questions, I know he's about to wake up, so I stop)

1 comment:

mary plus vince said...

i love these posts, the things he says totally crack me up!