Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas is coming!

So now that Thanksgiving is over, I have to say how excited we are about Christmas!! We were practically drooling this morning talking about Christmas break. No school, sleeping in and snuggling cause it's a little chilly, then waking up, eating a yummy breakfast, snuggling on the couch to watch some sweet claymation Christmas flicks, the Grinch, It's A Wonderful Life (my personal favorite), and sip hot chocolate. Oh I could die it sounds so good!
I've just had a full week off of school for Thanksgiving and I'm trying to find the strength within to go back. I really, really, really don't want to. But part of me says I can do it when Tanner tells me it won't feel as good to relax if we haven't worked our butts off first. My last final is the 17th, Tanner's is the 19th, less than 3 weeks left, we can get through this.
Enough school, more daydreaming about Christmas. This year I really can't think of much I want, probably because we never have any money, so I'm used to not worrying about things I want. But I'm excited for the feel of Christmas, walking around Temple Square, which I know might seem cliche, but I absolutely love it! Wrapping my coat as tight as I can and running to Dee's for hot cocoa, hobo sledding, the sound of snow crunching under your feet, or the feel of that slushie snow we all know we love to step on and squish, family parties, white elephant gifts, it's all so fun! The only thing I don't miss is driving and wondering if we're going to make it to the parties alive, but that's part of living in Utah I suppose. Everyone just seems so happy and we all make time for friends and family. It does make me sad that it has been so commercialized, some days I hate Christmas shopping just because people aren't their jolliest at the stores and the meaning of Christmas is lost. But that's another reason I'm grateful for such a wonderful family that shows us the true meaning of Christmas and we can feel the Spirit.
Thanksgiving was wonderful, we all went around the table at Tanner's grandma's and said what we were all grateful for; one of Tanner's little cousins said he was thankful for church, family, and the temple; he's 8 and wasn't raised in the church, hadn't ever been until recently, it was so sweet. My family was great too, my uncle Brent and his daughters came over and we had a great time and Tanner loved having all you can eat turkey since it's his favorite food.
Well, this post is long enough, but before I go, I have to post a pic of this leaf I found outside our apartment, that is not a washcloth it's on, it's a dishtowel!! It's the most ginormous leaf I have ever seen and I thought I should share it with all of you to mark the end of fall. Happy Holidays all!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I'm SO excited for Christmas too! All those things are so great, family parties, snow, Mitch being home from school, I can't wait!