Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Funny Tanner

That man is always making me laugh. For some reason when he gets frustrated with me, he calls me by what he considers my full name: Christina Nina Jayne Embreus O'Driscoll Fullmer. Embreus is my maiden name, but O'Driscoll is his mom's maiden name. I told him that's gross because if that were really part of my name we'd be related, but he still does it. Whenever he says it I can't help but laugh.

Tanner started reading his books for school a week early, so a few nights ago, Tanner was dreaming about nodes (don't ask me what they are) and a fire suit that could create them. He woke up and thought it was such a brilliant idea he got up in the middle of the night and drew a diagram and wrote it down. In the morning he described it all to me and showed me the picture. I asked him if that really works or makes any sense and he said "No idea." I'm still impressed.

Also, one night, I wake up because Tanner is mumbling in his sleep. I open my eyes and see Tanner is facing me with eyes closed, but his hand is lifted about a foot over my head. I ask what he's doing and he replies, "I'd slap you both, but I don't want everyone to hear the pain." So, fearfully, I waited for the aforementioned slap. Thankfully, Tanner won over his dark side and simply put his hand down and was asleep. When I told him about it in the morning, we both couldn't stop laughing.

2 comments:

The Lindquists said...

You guys crack me up! I know I can always get a good laugh if I just read about Tanner's sleep-talking. I hope classes go well for you guys this semester.

Ryan G said...

Oh man. I love these Tanner posts.