Sunday, August 1, 2010

Busy Tanner

Poor Tanner has been swamped this summer. We've had fun, but it has been so busy. He has been doing his research 40 hours a week, while trying to tackle all of the secondary applications for medical schools. We're not complaining, it's good that he's getting secondaries, but honestly, how many essays do they need for medical school? He wouldn't start until fall of next year, but we're hoping to have an idea of where we're going by the end of the year.

For those who have missed them, here is Tanner's latest sleep quote I can remember:

(I'm climbing into bed after going to the bathroom)

T: [starts speaking jibberish rather forcefully]

N: [giggles]

T: "I'm so excited for tomorrow to get here, I wish it would just come."

N: "Why?"

T: "Because I'm going to drain all the oranges of their juices. Mmmm."

N: "Oh, where are you going to get all these oranges?"

T: "From the, um, from the droopy thing. Yeah."

N: "Goodnight Tanner."

T: "Goodnight. You're so beautiful."

He makes me laugh, he's such a goofball. Last night before bed he asked me what I was most excited about for Christmas. We talked about the food, the family parties, and the snow. I love that once the year is halfway through, he can't stop preparing for Christmas. We are also already preparing for Halloween. Tanner is going to be a Steve Zahn character, the question is, should he be the Sahara guy, or That Thing You Do!? Decisions, decisions. Maybe we aren't as busy as I thought. But really, which one?



That Thing You Do



Sahara

2 comments:

mary plus vince said...

i think tanner should be a different steve zahn character every halloween!

Lindsey said...

definitely "That thing you do"