Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lonely

Tanner is in Columbus, Ohio for his first med school interview. He left today and I'm picking him up late tomorrow night, but this is only the second time since we've been married that we've spent the night apart. And after I got in the car after leaving him at the airport, I totally cried. Cried!? Pa.the.tic. I'm totally embarrassed with myself. I totally have these thoughts that when we have the baby I'll be more laid back than other moms and not so uptight and worried all the time..but I realized my naivety when I was calling Tanner to make sure he remembered to get something to eat and I was so worried he'd get lost on his way to his hotel (in my defense, Tanner is horrible with directions). He is a grown man. I thought about this and felt like an idiot. How am I going to have kids and not drive them crazy? Luckily after the first few times I called him, I gained some insight into my behaviors and forced myself to stop. But it is lonely knowing I'll have to sleep alone, but it's one night, so I can make it, right? Tanner and I are always joking that I have 'separation anxiety,' we thought it was a joke, but now I'm not so sure. :) Anywho, pray for him on his interview, even though I know he'll do great! Also, he got an interview at the U in September, we are so excited, I can't stop telling everyone!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You're pregnant, so don't be too hard on yourself for the crying :)

Mandy Sue said...

It's ok to cry when your pregnant! I'm excited Tanner is getting interviews! Derrick has one in Virginia and Indiana...this whole process is crummy!

Devin and Kati said...

it's okay, i think i have seperation anxiety too haha. I hope that his interview went well, but I secretly hope it didn't becuase i want him to go to the U so you don't have to move away!!

Angie said...

Hang in there with the med school process! Sounds like he has some awesome prospects, it's just the waiting and wondering that gets real old. I hope he gets into the U so that I will actually know someone at these enormous med school get togethers!!! By the way, when you're pregnant you get to be an irrational, emotional mess and make no apologies. Enjoy it.

Steph said...

You're so funny, Nina! I love your posts, they always make me laugh!