Thursday, January 31, 2013

Life with a 2 year old....

There are many things in our life that have changed since Eric came along. But this whole 2 year old business is an adventure all its own. Here are some things Eric is working hard to teach me:

-When you teach me something new, like "don't do that," or "it's not nice to push," I'm going to have to test you on it a minimum of 10 times a day, to make sure you really mean it, or are just saying it for kicks.

-If I am awake and you are cleaning, just know that part of the deal is for every room you get clean, one will be hit by a toddler tornado during that time. And I will throw a tantrum if you try to make me help clean it up, how do you expect me to clean up such a mess????

-If you leave any food or drink within reach, it is my duty to dump it on the floor, preferably the carpet.

-If you sit in my room with me, I will play with my toys and ignore you. If you try to sit and relax on the couch while I play, I will give you a few slaps in the face to bring you back to reality, that you really want to be sitting up and watching me play.

-If you get me to like a movie, I will want to watch that movie and nothing else 4.6 times a day. And I won't actually watch it while it's on, just play with it in the background, the same sounds slowly driving you mad. And when it is over I will immediately stop what I am doing and run bck to the tv screaming "more, more!!" until you turn it back on.

-If I throw a tantrum and hurt myself when I flop on the ground, it is your fault and you must feel bad for me.

-If you try cleaning the room I'm playing currently playing in, I will realize you don't really mean to do that, and will follow you, emptying everything back out that you just put away, and give you a look afterwards that says "you're welcome." I'm just a good helper, what can I say?

-Any toy I want is my toy. All your food I want is mine.

-When you call my name or are yelling as loud as you can "stop that!" or "come back!" I will not hear you. But if you open a Diet Coke at any time or in any place, I will hear it, and I will whine until you give me some.

With all this, Eric somehow still manages to be the cutest, most amazing little boy in the world. I wouldn't trade him for anything, he is so sweet and I love him so much! Thank heavens for those moments of slobbery kisses and random hugs, the way he smiles at me and yells "Mama!" so lovingly, and seeing how much he loves everyone around him. They make the rest all worth it and remind me to enjoy this age, even in the moments where I am wishing it would hurry up and get over with. I'm so thankful for my little (almost) 2 year old stinkin' nutcase!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Haha! I have to say that this post made me feel so much better. It sounds somewhat like my week with Dev and she's not quite two either. Hope things are going well! Glad we have these cute, crazy kiddos to keep us going!

Katie R said...

I was laughing through this whole post. It's such a relief when someone else goes through the same things you do. It's a good thing they're so darn cute, huh?

Beej & Chris said...

LOVE it! Nina- you can always put in to words what everyone else is thinking and in such a funny way. You are such an amazing mom.

Mandy Sue said...

Iva does all these things, except the Coke one! She doesn't like soda for some reason, not that I'm complaining! But, the taking of my food and the making me watch her play, yeah, those are great haha