Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Finding a new normal


It's true what they say, having a baby completely changes your life. The things that were no big deal before take so much longer and you really have to prioritize what is worth your time. Some things I didn't expect or realize:

Breastfeeding kind of takes over your life. Your body isn't really your own anymore. I have to make sure I'm eating and drinking enough, and it takes a lot more time than I realized. I'm not complaining, I have a healthy boy who loves to eat, which I am very grateful for, just something I've had to adjust to.

I've always loved sleep, but I didn't know how much until now. When we put him to bed at night, it makes us laugh because we're both running to our own bed and saying we have to hurry and go to sleep because he'll be up again in another two hours.

I'm a pretty laid back person, but I've already caught myself getting worried and worked up about silly things. You just can't help but worry that they're alright and if you're doing everything right. But I don't think that's ever going to end, so I'd better get used to it.

Parenting is a two man job. All you people that do it alone, I am in awe of you. I am so grateful for Tanner, he is such a huge help. When I've fed Eric and he just wants to be held or is still fussy, Tanner gets right up so I can get some sleep until the next feeding. He's an amazing dad and I love him so much.

The thing that has amazed me most of all is how in love I am with this little man. I just can't get enough of him. I love snuggling him and just taking him all in, his adorable little nose, those big blue eyes, his new smell, all of it. He is such a good boy and we just love him to death!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, the smell of a baby head. They should bottle it.

the laytons. said...

He is adorable Nina! It is quite the adjustment but all totally worth it :)

Julie said...

I am so excited, I just finally read your blog today, I kept thinking about wether he had come or not-Congrats you guys. Now for the fun part-the sleepless nights!

Beej & Chris said...

Nina- you are the cutest mom ever! Oh and I can't blame you for wanting to cuddle all day long- Eric is soo cute. I can't get over his little face and all of his fun facial expressions. I know we just saw him today but I can't wait to come see Eric again.

Angie said...

What a handsome little man. Congratulations and happy adjusting!