Friday, February 4, 2011

Eric Robert Fullmer II

Our sweet little Eric was born Thursday, February 3, 2011, at 9:04 am. He weighed in at 6 lbs. 9 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. We couldn't have imagined how it would feel to finally meet our little man and hold him in our arms. We just can't stop staring at his little face and snuggling him, he is absolutely perfect. He has Tanner's brow bone and his mouth, we're not sure whose nose. He is a grunter and makes us laugh with his constant little noises.
He is still on the same schedule he was in my belly, which was sleep all day with the occasional wake-up to remind me he was there, then party all night long. Tanner and I are adjusting to the partying lifestyle, it's definitely as tiring as everyone says. But we already love him so much, I can't believe how much I love someone I hadn't even met two days ago, I didn't know it was possible. Tanner is the most adorable dad and is so helpful, I'm so grateful I have him.


Here we are, right after delivery! I look pretty beat up, but heck, I just went through childbirth.


This panicked look makes me sad and it's kinda funny at the same time. It looks like he's reaching out to Tanner to save him.

This is literally seconds after he was born. I thought I was about to pass out from exhaustion with the pushing until I realized he was here and they had put him on me. I just started to cry, it was one of the most incredible moments of my life. He opened his beautiful eyes and just stared at me, this precious little soul straight from heaven, I really can't describe it.
We've named Eric after his uncle that passed away a few years ago. We know he was so excited to be an uncle and that he was watching over little Eric on his way into the world.
We know being parents won't be easy, but we are so excited for this adventure in our lives to begin. Our lives are never going to be the same!





7 comments:

Lindsay said...

He is beautiful Nina! I can't wait to see him in person. Congratulations. Your post made me cry. How precious that he was named after his uncle.

Shauna said...

I'm so excited and happy for you guys. It truly is a miracle to have these precious angels in our care. I can already tell how much you guys love him. It reminds me of when I had my first - Dylan. I got teary eyed reading your post. Such a special experience. Congratulations again!

Cash Family said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you. I will never forget the moment that I first held Ava. I just bawled my eyes out and I couldn't stop! It was so overwhelming, but in a good way. You will make fantastic parents, and the love you feel for him will only continue to grow. Good luck with the sleepless nights! :)

The Lindquists said...

Congratulations Tanner and Nina! I am so glad you named him after Eric!

Lindsey said...

I am so happy to be an aunt. I have been waiting for this day for a long time :). I can't wait to see him again and am very interested to see how Noelle will react. But I think she will love him and just keep saying "ohhhh" like she does. Hope you guys are getting a little sleep or at least switching off here and there. I'm already ready to be a babysitter ;)

Beej & Chris said...

What a sweet post. And IMPRESSIVE you got it out so soon. I am not going to lie- I have been constantly checking to see if you were going to post a blog about Eric, but was trying not to get my hopes up...since you did JUST have a baby. BJ and I want to bring you dinner. I know you probably have some people in your ward bringing you some. But we want to take a turn; even if it is after the ward gets done. Let me know when is good. Love you guys!!

Jill said...

You are such a good Mom already Nina! What a lucky little baby to have you. He is so adorable. I just looked at some pictures Megan put on FB. What a sweetie he is. I am so happy for you guys. Good luck on the greatest adventure of your life!!