Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Who thought getting kicked could be so much fun?

Seriously. I just started feeling little Eric's kicks and punches on Monday and I am so excited! It is a weird feeling, having something alive in your belly, but so amazing. I can't help but wonder what he's like in there and how much he has grown. I'm guessing he's grown a lot in the last two weeks, or I'm hoping, because my belly is expanding rather rapidly.
My favorite was tonight because Tanner has been sad 'cause he hasn't been able to feel it, but tonight he did! I wish I could have caught a picture of the look on his face, it was so cute. He is so happy he felt it, I love it. He got a huge smile on his face and kissed me. It's starting to feel a lot more real now, I'm realizing that this little guy is really coming, and quick. I'm so excited and a little nervous, because this is going to be a big change for our family. And Tanner says I act like a cranky two-year old when I'm really tired. I'm gonna have to work on that. Something funny he said was during our prayer one night, he said "please bless Nina's womb...that she will keep it secret, keep it safe." I couldn't stop laughing, it was so funny. Another night he was tired and said "please bless Nina's womb...her spare 'oom." If you aren't geeky like us, you won't get these, but they're from Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia. It still makes me laugh, even now.
This last part is more about my feelings about pregnancy so far, because I want to have a way to remember how I felt. More than anything I am so excited and can't wait to meet him. I want to see his face and look into his eyes and just love him to pieces. I can't believe how much I love him already and we haven't even met yet. I don't want anything bad to happen to him and just sit and think about what it's going to be like all the time. I am a little nervous because I know it's going to be harder than anything I've ever done. It's going to be exhausting and frustrating at times. I worry if I'll be a good mom. I even had a dream before we found out the gender, that we had a little boy, and we got home the day after he was born and I realized I still hadn't even fed him. Then Tanner was sitting by him on the edge of the bed and he rolled off the bed! It was traumatic and silly, I know, but still sad.
I wonder what his little personality is going to be like. I have a feeling he might be a little hyper because both ultrasounds so far they have told us he is more active than most and now I am feeling him move all the time. I worry about having the energy to finish school for two more months when he is first born. I know it's only two months, but I'm worried about having enough time to take care of him and getting homework done.
I feel bad that I have no energy. I think Tanner is tired of hearing about how tired I am. :) He is so great and I couldn't ask for a better hubs. I have these days of feeling great and motivated and I do so much that I wear myself out I think. Then I have days where I'm so tired, just the thought of having more than two things to do in the day makes me almost want to cry. I haven't been sick for a while, so I'm very thankful for that, it makes life much easier and pregnancy a lot more enjoyable. Most of all I'm just so thankful that we have the opportunity to welcome this wonderful little person into our family. I feel so incredibly blessed just that we're having him, that it makes me see even more that the material things don't matter. It really is all about families and I'm so thankful ours is forever.

5 comments:

Beej & Chris said...

I loved this post! So exciting. Crazy that you had a dream it was going to be a boy. oh and HA HA HA to Tanner's comment to your womb.

Alyson Fullmer said...

You are seriously so blessed! Hahahahahahah :) Yeah, I'm so excited for little Eric!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to being able to feel our little boy kick - and so is Braden. How fun! What a crazy journey this whole pregnancy thing is...

Unknown said...

They always made comments about how active Noah was in the womb, too. And he IS pretty active, and I have a hard time keeping up sometimes, but it's so much fun! You'll be a great mom, because all it takes initially is a lot of love (and I can tell you already have that) and then the concern for their welfare comes with the territory. A mother's instinct is such a real thing!

the laytons. said...

I remember first feeling Brin kick & it'd totally distract me from whatever i was doing cause i loved it so much! I'm so excited for little Eric to come! :)