Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Close Call

I've told this story to a couple people, but I just thought it was too funny not to share. It does involve urine, viewer discretion is advised. Sorry if it's bad, nursing makes you think pee is just funny.



So I switched birth control last month, and Tanner was absolutely convinced it was a mistake and in 9 months he'd be saying I told you so. So, we both work at LDS hospital every other weekend. Two weeks ago, we were waiting for my monthly visitor to make her debut and see if the birth control worked. Tanner was so anxious about it, I was at work and got a call from him downstairs that he took a break and bought a pregnancy test. "Oh, ok, I'll take it when I get home." "No. I need to know. Now." "Now??" "Yes, come downstairs, I'm waiting." So I get someone to cover me and make my way downstairs. I get there and he's waiting outside the bathroom, box in hand. It's one of those one-person ones, so I take the box and head in. I turn around and there's Tanner, following me in.."I can't wait, you know me, I just need to know right away." So, feeling slightly awkward, I take the stick of wonder and head to the toilet. As I'm starting to pee, Tanner anxiously adds "make sure you keep it in your stream for 10 seconds!" I don't know why, but I found this hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. I don't normally laugh like that while urinating. For those of you who didn't know, laughing while you pee has side effects. I had NO CONTROL of my "stream." It was all over the place. Then Tanner proceeds to stress out, "oh crap, now it's not going to work, keep it in the stream!" This makes me laugh even harder. So I'm trying to follow it, and end up peeing all over my hand, as well as the whole stick. By this point, I'm dying I'm laughing so hard. But, the test still worked, I washed my hands really well, and proved Tanner wrong about my birth control. Next time, I told him, I doing this by myself, and I'm using a cup.

2 comments:

Christa said...

haha... i laughed... alot... haha

Brent and Jessica said...

I was laughing my head off. That is so funny!