Saturday, February 13, 2010

We finally got a new camera!! Our old one died months ago, so we went to Costco and got a hecka sweet deal on a 12 megapixel little beauty! Can you tell I'm excited? I'm hoping to update more often now that we'll have pictures. So these are some of the random pictures I've been taking. Above is my nursing badge, woot woot! I haven't taken any pictures of me in my scrubs, so that's all I'm gonna put up. My last day of orienting is tomorrow, then I'm a nurse all by myself, I'm a little nervous, I must confess.

I chopped my hair! I've been wanting to copy my friend Rachel for a while, so I finally got brave enough and I love it! I didn't tell Tanner, so he was shocked, but says he really likes it. It's fun, I've never really had short hair, it freaked me out a little when she put it in a ponytail and just cut it off. It was at least 10 inches off.

This is our first piece of real furniture! Our friends wanted to sell it, so we bought it for a really good deal. We haven't rearranged the rest of the room obviously, but we're very excited! Everything else in our apartment is really old or particle board. I love it!

Other goings on include Nina working full-time, and school full-time. Tanner is the really busy one, he has work 6 hours a week, lab work 20 hours a week, he's been doing job shadows of doctors for med school, MCAT studying, volunteering, plus his regular school. I don't know how he does it all. He's taking the MCAT in May and we'll apply to schools in June, so we just gotta make it till then!

I'll finish off with Tanner's sleep talking as of late:

-"What kind of snow are bringing in this bed?!? I demand to know!"

-"Did you know 10x10,000x10 is one million? Yep. It is."

-"The earth is always revolving, revolving. Continuously. Who are you?" "I'm Nina." "Oh. Ok."

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Seriously - I love reading about Tanner's sleep talking. It makes me laugh so hard every time. Keep them coming! Good luck with the MCAT and applying to Med schools! We just went through that process and it's tough! Dan got into a DO school in Henderson, NV so it's looking like that's where we're headed next year! If you or Tanner have any questions or anything feel free to e-mail us or something! mandalackey@gmail.com

Stephanie H. said...

Ok, I know I just commented on your facebook, but I just have to say again how much I love your hair! I have an appointment to get mine cut and seeing yours makes me excited to have shorter hair again! BTW, I love hearing Tanner's sleep stories, they are so funny!

Ash said...

You'll be on your own already? I won't be until at least the end of march. But I guess you got a little bit of a head start and the basic ICU class is long. But that's cool! I love your hair by the way.

Anonymous said...

Your hair is adorable! Love it!

Unknown said...

Your hair looks so great! I chopped my hair for the first time just shortly after Eric and I got married, and I like it.

Brent and Jessica said...

You guys are awesome. Love the hair and the badge. I can't wait to get mine. Thanks for the update on Tanner's sleep history. I always not where to come for a laugh.

Lindsay said...

I LOVE the hair! Very chic.

Mandy Sue said...

I FINALLY figured out how to add you to my blog yea! I'm loving that you took a picture of your name badge cause I did too!!! And I LOVE your hair! derrick takes his DAT in May as well so we will be going through the same thing as you guys! We can do it!