Thursday, October 31, 2013

Summer 2013 Recap

 In usual blogger fashion, the pictures are all out of order. Here is a massive post to attempt to catch up on my horrible blogging. That very pregnant picture of me sums up how most of our summer went, me waddling around chasing Eric. It was a great one.
At Paul Bunyan's restaurant in the Wisconsin Dells

 Riley Sue's room, I was so anxious about getting it done and finally finished it just weeks before she came. I wish I was one of those women who got so into decorating their kids rooms, but I'm not, this is as creative as it got. Riley is the finishing touch anyway, right?

 Right before Riley came, Tanner's mom came out to help and be there in case she was born before my induction date. Sadly, she was stubborn and didn't come out, but Eric had SO much fun with Grandma Fullmer, I love, love this picture of them playing together, she was so sweet with him and we were so grateful for all the help, it was great having her out here.

Fun at the Fourth of July parade with Grandma

After a very quick labor of 6 hours, she was here, and totally worth the wait! Read the previous post to hear more about her birth story

Love that mess of black hair
                                             
 Eric wasn't so sure what to think about this new little baby in the house at first. This was when Ry was a few days old, because he did not want to hold her, he was never mean to her, just didn't care about her. Maybe hoping if he ignored her she'd eventually take the hint and hit the road, but he had to get used to her pretty quick. sadly i didnt get pictures on my own phone of all the famiky, but we had lots of familu come out to heop woth Eric after she was born and we are so thankful, it was a huge help!
1 week appointment for my little red baby

 Eric's second time holding Riley, he was definitely happy about it this time and decided he really did like her.

 Watch the mohawk evolve.....
Swimming at Fred's with Meg and Madi


First Brewer's game






One month old!

Enjoying our State Fair spoils, mmmm cream puffs!

Proof Riley was there with us

 We went to the beach lots this summer with friends, Eric loved digging in the sand, the water was too dirty to even swim in this year, oh well.







 I have absolutely no control over this hair and I love it!


 Lots of fun nights were had at Fred and Kathy's, with lots of yummy Sprecher's root beer




 Zoo day with friends are so fun!

 I love her sweet personality showing through in this picture.
 You wanna hide your post baby tummy? Just carry an adorable baby in front of you all the time and nobody will even notice!
A very silly bow from Grandma Fullmer, bigger than her head!

Ry at Holy Hill in the carrier

Grandpa carried Eric all the way to the top of the cathedral again!

 We did a day trip to Madison when Tanner's parents were here, this was at the farmer's market. They have the biggest local farmer's market in the country, it is so fun!

On top of the capitol building

 We had lunch at Ella's Deli, which is such a fun environment, but we wouldn't recommend the food, just go for dessert!



The deli carousel

Just shopping at Target with the Fullmer gals minus one (missed you so much Linz!)



 In August, we wanted to go camping at least once this summer, so we packed up with our toddler and one month old and went with our friends the Bagleys on an overnight camping trip.


 Riley basically lived in her carseat the whole time.

 So glad these two are buddies, they are too cute together.




 Ry's first Sunday at church!


 This was Riley Sue on her blessing day. She would not smile for anything, but she looked so pretty in her little dress and was so sweet during her blessing, Tanner did a great job.
This summer Tanner started his third year rotations, I can't believe we are more than halfway done, this time here has flown by! He is loving being out of the classroom and learning more about actually taking care of patients. He has his ENT (ear, nose, and throat) rotation this month and starts tomorrow. He is leaning towards that specialty, so this is a big month for him.
I am still working very part time and loving being home and taking care of the kids. Some days I feel like I miss the rush and busyness of working in the hospital and feeling more intellectual than I feel most days at home, but I know it is totally worth it being here with Eric and Riley. One of my old managers in Utah told me, my career will always be there waiting, but I can't go back and relive my kids childhood, so be there while they're young. I've always been grateful for that advice. Having two kids has been a pretty smooth transition, Riley is a very easy baby and Eric just loves her to death. Now it is hard to remember life before she was here. It is so busy every day, but I love it and feel so blessed!
Eric is growing like crazy and over the summer just started talking like crazy. He'll say things in full sentences that we have never taught him to say, it is so fun to see! He is the sweetest, sassiest, silliest boy ever and we love him so much.
Riley has a very mellow personality, we are still seeing it more and more. She hardly ever cries, and when she does, it is pretty quiet. She is very easygoing and handles all of Eric's rough loves really well. She is such a snuggler, which I love, I could snuggle her all day. She has beautiful blue eyes and smiles all the time!

There is a very broad update of our lives this past summer, hopefully I can recommit to blogging again, mostly so the family can hear about the kids more. :)

1 comment:

Beej & Chris said...

Loved the updates!! Love your family and wish we lived closer. Riley is adorable and I love that Eric loves her so much. That picture of your family at Riley's blessing is gorgeous. What an amazing family you guys are. I totally understand what you mean about missing out on the rush at work, but I loved what your manager had told you. I couldn't agree more. Your amazing Nina, and have the sweetest family.